The Hindu Editorial (Picking out plastic) – Jul 12, 2019
The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has put 52 producers, brand owners and importers,… For further reading, visit “The Hindu”. Below is today’s word list-2 for The Hindu Editorial (Picking out plastic) – Jul 12, 2019.
To read this article, click here.
This preview is provided here with permission.
Courtesy: The Hindu
Today’s word list-2 for The Hindu Editorial (Picking out plastic) – Jul 12, 2019:
- pick out (phrasal verb) – detect, distinguish, identify.
- address (verb) – attend to, tackle, deal with.
- footprint (noun) – the area affected by something.
- alacrity (noun) – eagerness, willingness, readiness.
- persuade (verb) – motivate, convince, prompt.
- put in place (phrase) – initiate, usher in, bring in.
- onus (noun) – responsibility, duty, burden.
- come up with (phrasal verb) – propose, put forward, present.
- retrieval (noun) – regaining, getting back, recapture.
- take off (phrasal verb) – do well, turn out well, progress.
- landfill (noun) – excavated pit made to dispose waste material.
- determined (adjective) – resolute, full of determination, purposeful.
- out of sight (phrase) – hidden, concealed, not visible.
- alarming (adjective) – worrying, disturbing, shocking/distressing.
- prong (noun) – a projecting part of something.
- segregation (noun) – separation, setting apart, sorting out.
- in spite of (phrase) – despite, notwithstanding, regardless of.
- pursue (verb) – engage in, follow, conduct.
- business as usual (phrase) – a normal state of affairs, regularity, routine.
- cushion (verb) – mitigate, lessen, reduce (the adverse effects of).
- incentivise (verb) – encourage, motivate, galvanize.
- accountable (adjective) – answerable, responsible.
1. Click each one of the words above for their definition, more synonyms, pronunciation, example sentences, phrases, derivatives, origin and etc from http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/.bigotry, narrow-mindedness
2. Definitions (elementary level) & Synonyms provided for the words above are my personal work and not that of Oxford University Press. Tentative definitions/meanings are provided for study purpose only and they may vary in different context.
3. This word list is for personal use only. Reproduction in any format and/or Commercial use of it is/are strictly prohibited.
Today’s word list-2 The Hindu Editorial (Picking out plastic) – Jul 12, 2019: