There is absolutely no doubt that the Chief Justice of India is the master of the roster. So, it is impossible to dispute the legal reasoning behind Chief Justice Dipak Misra’s ruling that….. For further reading, visit “The Hindu”.
This preview is provided here with permission.
Courtesy: The Hindu
Word List-1 (To Improve English Vocabulary)
- tumult (noun) – turmoil, confusion, disorder.
- roster (noun) – a list of the people of a team/organisation.
- assert (verb) – state, proclaim, declare/announce.
- lustre (noun) – glory, distinction, honour.
- amidst (preposition) – amid, in the middle of; during.
- allegation (noun) – charge/claim, assertion; complaint.
- overrule (verb) – annul, nullify/cancel, void.
- delineate (verb) – describe, define, outline.
- compelling (adjective) – convincing, powerful, strong.
- perception (noun) – discernment; understanding, feeling/thought.
- preside over (verb) – direct, lead, conduct.
- reiterate (verb) – repeat, say again, restate.
- converge (verb) – meet, come together, coincide.
- flag (verb) – diminish, decrease, lessen.
- foster (verb) – encourage, promote, strengthen.
- fraternity (noun) – group, profession; a group of people with same job, interest and etc.
- impartial (adjective) – unbiased, unprejudiced, neutral/non-partisan.
- fallout (noun) – adverse results; repercussions, after-effects.
- rift (noun) – disagreement, dispute, conflict.
- undermine (verb) – weaken, compromise, diminish/reduce.
- sidestep (noun) – avoid, evade, escape, elude, circumvent.
- grim (adjective) – worrying, uninviting, concerning.
- susceptible (adjective) – vulnerable to, liable to, prone to.
- overshadow (verb) – dominate, overlook; outshine.
- substantive (adjective) – important & meaningful.
Click each one of the words above for their definition, more synonyms, pronunciation, example sentences, phrases, derivatives, origin and etc from http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/.
Definitions (elementary level) & Synonyms provided for the words above are my personal work and not that of Oxford University Press. Tentative definitions/meanings are provided for study purpose only and they may vary in different context. Use it with the corresponding article published on the source (website) via the link provided.
This word list is for personal use only. Reproduction in any format and/or Commercial use of it is/are strictly prohibited.