The Hindu Editorial (Going electric) – Jul 10, 2019
The Union Budget has announced a bold move to make a transition to electric vehicles, and offered a tax incentive for the early adopters. For further reading, visit “The Hindu”. Below is today’s word list-1 for The Hindu Editorial (Going electric) – Jul 10, 2019.
To read this article, click here.
This preview is provided here with permission.
Courtesy: The Hindu
Today’s word list-1 for The Hindu Editorial (Going electric) – Jul 10, 2019:
- speed up (phrasal verb) – accelerate, advance, forward.
- transition (noun) – change/move, switch, transformation.
- leapfrog (verb) – surpass, overtake, improve/progress into a leading position.
- mobility (noun) – transportability.
- forward-looking (adjective) – progressive, ambitious, reforming.
- inevitable (adjective) – unavoidable/unpreventable; necessary/compulsory, required.
- market-driven (adjective) – determined by on what and how much people want to buy.
- sought past and past participle of seek (verb) – try, attempt, aim.
- notably (adverb) – especially, particularly, primarily.
- trail (verb) – lag behind, be behind, fall behind.
- imperative (noun) – necessary/essential condition, requirement, requisite.
- carriage (noun) – a vehicle for transportation.
- outlay (noun) – expenditure, expenses, spending.
- iteration (noun) – repetition, repetitiveness, reiteration.
- fillip (noun) – stimulus, boost, encouragement.
- impact on (verb) – affect, influence, make an impression.
- sustained (adjective) – continuous, uninterrupted, constant.
- rollout (noun) – official launch/introduction.
- come under (phrasal verb) – be subjected to.
- retrofit (verb) – adding something to the one already done/constructed/manufactured.
1. Click each one of the words above for their definition, more synonyms, pronunciation, example sentences, phrases, derivatives, origin and etc from http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/.bigotry, narrow-mindedness
2. Definitions (elementary level) & Synonyms provided for the words above are my personal work and not that of Oxford University Press. Tentative definitions/meanings are provided for study purpose only and they may vary in different context.
3. This word list is for personal use only. Reproduction in any format and/or Commercial use of it is/are strictly prohibited.
Today’s word list-1 The Hindu Editorial (Going electric) – Jul 10, 2019: