The Narendra Modi government would be celebrating a year of the launch of its flagship urban programme, the Smart Cities Mission, this month. In January, 20 from a pool of 100 cities were selected by the Central government under the Smart Cities Mission. For further reading, visit “The Hindu”.
- Absolute (adjective) – complete, total, entire.
- Context (noun) – circumstances, conditions, surroundings.
- Scrunity (noun) – examination, inspection, analysis, study.
- Articulation (noun) – Utterence, statement, declaration, expression, communication.
- Urbanisation (noun) – creating urban areas.
- Warrant (verb) – justify, validate, uphold, support.
- Profound (adjective) – deep, complex, difficult.
- Retrofit (adjective) – adding something to the one already constructed/manufactured.
- Incentivising (adjective) – motivating, encouraging,
- Angur (verb) – portend/bode a good outcome, indicate, signal.
- Explicitly (adverb) – clearly, without doubt.
- Monetisation (noun) – converting something into currency/earning money from doing something.
- Garb (noun) – outfit, outward appearance.
- Convergence (noun) – the process of converging/intersecting/meeting/coming together.
- Ironically (adverb) – paradoxically, unexpectedly, strangely.
- Purported (adjective) – claimed, posed as, pretended, professed.
- Rationale (noun) – reason, basic, logic, case, motive.
- Vis-a-vis (preposition) – in relation to, with regard to.
- Chaos (noun) – disorder, disarray, confusion, disruption.
- Aggrandise (verb) – exalt, elevate, magnify, increase.
- Click each one of the words above for their definition, more synonyms, pronunciation, example sentences, phrases, derivatives, origin and etc from http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/ .
- Synonyms provided for the words above are my personal work and not that of Oxford University Press.