The deadly fire at the Central Ammunition Depot (CAD) in Pulgaon in May has raised questions about the quality and manufacturing process of explosive TNT (trinitrotoluene). For further reading, visit “The Hindu”
- Probable cause (noun) – reasonable grounds/evidences/facts found to confirm a (comitted) crime and to make charges against an accused.
- Set off (phrasal verb) – cause to explode.
- Anti-tank mine (noun) – An anti-tank mine, (abbreviated to “AT mine”), is a type of land mine designed to damage or destroy vehicles including tanks and armored fighting vehicles.
- Inordinate (adjective) – excessive, undue, unreasonable, unjustifiable.
- Stakeholder (noun) – a person/group who is interested (or) holding a share in a particular business.
- Accountability (noun) – responsibility, liability, answerablity.
- Defective (adjective) – faulty, flawed, imperfect, non functioning.
- Ordnance (noun) – military weapons/supplies/materials.
- Segregate (verb) – separate, set apart, sort out, isolate.
- Imminent (adjective) – impending, close, near, approaching, forthcoming.
- Flag up (verb) – draw attention to.
- Grave (adjective) – serious, important, crucial, vital.
- Keen on (phrasal verb) – interested in, attracted by, enthusiastic about, eager for.
- Hierarchy (noun) – ranking, grading, pecking order. Social scale, class system.
- Deficiency (noun) – failing, defect, fault, flaw, weakness, imperfection.
- Misalignment (noun) – incorrect/bad/wrong position/placement of something.
- Court of Inquiry (noun) – a panel of Judges appointed to investigate some incidents/accidents. A tribunal, a military court investigating military incidents/accidents.
- Click each one of the words above for their definition, more synonyms, pronunciation, example sentences, phrases, derivatives, origin and etc from http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/ .
- Definitions and Synonyms provided for the words above are my personal work and not that of Oxford University Press.