Karnataka’s move to amend the law governing private medical establishments is a logical step in its plan to provide universal health coverage in the State. For further reading, visit “The Hindu”.
This preview is provided here with permission.
Courtesy: The Hindu
Word List-2 (To Improve English Vocabulary)
- amend (verb) – revise, alter, change/modify.
- lay down (phrasal verb) – formulate, stipulate, frame.
- transparency (noun) – clarity, straightforwardness, openness.
- parity (noun) – equality, unity, evenness.
- drop the ball (phrase) – mistake/mishandle things.
- road map (noun) – plan, strategy ( to achieve a goal).
- pursue (verb) – undertake, follow, carry on.
- come up with (phrase) – produce, devise, propose.
- devise (verb) – arrange, work out, develop.
- cap (verb) – limit, restrict, put a ceiling on.
- out-of-pocket (adjective) – (of an expense) payments made directly than put on account.
- streamline (verb) – efficient, smooth-running, well run/organized.
- comprehensive (adjective) – wide-ranging/all-inclusive, complete.
- fragmentation (noun) – breaking, separation, disintegration.
- lose sight of (phrase) – pay no attention to, fail to consider, be lax about.
Click each one of the words above for their definition, more synonyms, pronunciation, example sentences, phrases, derivatives, origin and etc from http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/.
Definitions (elementary level) & Synonyms provided for the words above are my personal work and not that of Oxford University Press. Tentative definitions/meanings are provided for study purpose only and they may vary in different context. Use it with the corresponding article published on the source (website) via the link provided.
This word list is for personal use only. Reproduction in any format and/or Commercial use of it is/are strictly prohibited.