The GST (goods and services tax) Council chaired by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has decided to stick to the prescriptions of the group of ministers on the rollout of the e-way bills system. For further reading, visit “The Hindu”.
This preview is provided here with permission.
Courtesy: The Hindu
Word List-2 (To Improve Vocabulary)
- roll out (noun) – official launch/introduction.
- abort (verb) – terminate, end/stop, discontinue.
- on board (phrase) – as a member (on to a team).
- chink (noun) – opening, gap, crack.
- nightmare (noun) – burden, bane, ordeal/torment.
- in the making (phrase) – growing, developing, coming up.
- foil (verb) – prevent, impede/hinder, thwart.
- tax evasion (noun) – an act of avoiding / dodging / bypassing tax payment.
- repository (noun) – a store or storing place in which a particular quality may be found.
- edgy (adjective) – tense, nervous, anxious/uneasy.
- empower (verb) – authorise, allow, entitle.
- transit (noun) – movement, on the journey, during transport.
- make a pitch (phrase) – make a bid for, try to get.
- defer (verb) – postpone, put off, delay.
Click each one of the words above for their definition, more synonyms, pronunciation, example sentences, phrases, derivatives, origin and etc from http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/.
Definitions (elementary level) & Synonyms provided for the words above are my personal work and not that of Oxford University Press. Tentative definitions/meanings are provided for study purpose only and they may vary in different context. Use it with the corresponding article published on the source (website) via the link provided.
This word list is for personal use only. Reproduction in any format and/or Commercial use of it is/are strictly prohibited.