The Hindu Editorial (Clearer TV) – Jan 30, 2019
The tariff order on broadcasting and cable services issued by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India is set to become effective on February 1,… For further reading, visit “The Hindu”. Below is today’s word list-2 for The Hindu Editorial (Clearer TV) – Jan 30, 2019.
To read this article, click here.
This preview is provided here with permission.
Courtesy: The Hindu
Today’s word list-2 for The Hindu Editorial (Clearer TV) – Jan 30, 2019
- transparency (noun) – clarity, straightforwardness, openness.
- à la carte (adjective) – a French phrase meaning “according to the menu”; (food & drink) allowing selection from a fixed list of individually priced options shown on the menu instead of going for a complete meal at a fixed price.
- provision (noun) – term, clause, requirement/condition.
- departure (noun) – shift, variation, divergence.
- bouquet (noun) – a compliment.
- thwart (verb) – prevent, block, impede/hinder.
- stipulation (noun) – condition, requirement, provision.
- distort (verb) – falsify, misreport, misstate.
- inflated (adjective) – exaggerated, magnified, overstated.
- Global Over the Top Services (noun) – it refers to content providers that distribute streaming media as a standalone product directly to viewers over the Internet bypassing traditional platforms such as telecommunications, multi-channel television, and broadcast television platforms.
- stream (verb) – transmit (video & audio data) over the internet continuously as a flow.
- landscape (noun) – the distinctive features of a field of activity.
- conventional (adjective) – traditional, established.
- regulatory (adjective) – organizational, governmental, executive.
- empower (verb) – authorize, allow, entitle.
- put up (phrasal verb) – provide, give, furnish.
- bottleneck (noun) – gridlock, restriction/obstruction, blockage.
1. Click each one of the words above for their definition, more synonyms, pronunciation, example sentences, phrases, derivatives, origin and etc from http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/.
2. Definitions (elementary level) & Synonyms provided for the words above are my personal work and not that of Oxford University Press. Tentative definitions/meanings are provided for study purpose only and they may vary in different context.
3. This word list is for personal use only. Reproduction in any format and/or Commercial use of it is/are strictly prohibited.
Today’s word list-2 for The Hindu Editorial (Clearer TV) – Jan 30, 2019: