Back in July, the National Green Tribunal (NGT) declared an area of 100 metres from the edge of the Ganga between Haridwar and Unnao a “No Development Zone”, prohibiting…… To read further and watch the video click “The Hindu”.
This preview is provided here with permission.
Courtesy: The Hindu
- usurp (verb) – seize/take over, expropriate, take possession of.
- faeces (noun) – excrement, bodily waste/waste matter, dung.
- rot (verb) – decay, decompose, disintegrate.
- tributary (noun) – branch river, headwater, side stream.
- reckon (to) (verb) – expect, anticipate, hope to.
- corpse (noun) – dead body, carcass, skeleton.
- cremate (verb) – dispose (of a dead person’s body) by burning after funeral ceremony.
- effluent (noun) – (liquid) waste, sewage, (factory) outflow/emission.
- grossly (adverb) – flagrantly; extremely; excessively.
Click each one en.oxforddictionaries.com/…ition/foremostof the words above for their definition, more synonyms, pronunciation, example sentences, phrases, derivatives, origin and etc from http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/.
Definitions (elementary level) & Synonyms provided for the words above are my personal work and not that of Oxford University Press. Tentative definitions/meanings are provided for study purpose only and they may vary in different context. Use it with the corresponding article published on the source (website) via the link provided.
This word list is for personal use only. Reproduction in any format and/or Commercial use of it is/are strictly prohibited.