Nearly two months after the Health Ministry set the ambitious target of working towards elimination of tuberculosis by 2025, a study published in The Lancet indicates that India’s TB crisis is…. For further reading, visit “The Hindu”.
This preview is provided here with permission.
Courtesy: The Hindu
- ambitious (adjective) – determined, aggressive; challenging.
- snowball (verb) – increase rapidly.
- fluoroquinolone (noun) – an antibiotic drug used to treat systematic diseases.
- alarming (adjective) – worrying, disturbing, troubling.
- projection (noun) – expectation, forecast, prediction.
- strain (noun) – a variety of a microorganism (like bacteria) with different (mostly harmful) characteristics.
- forecast (verb) – predict, augur; speculate.
- intervention (noun) – action taken to improve a (health) disorder.
- screening (noun) – evaluation or investigation.
- regimen (noun) – plan, procedure/practice, process.
Click each one of the words above for their definition, more synonyms, pronunciation, example sentences, phrases, derivatives, origin and etc from http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/.
Definitions (elementary level) & Synonyms provided for the words above are my personal work and not that of Oxford University Press. Tentative definitions/meanings are provided for study purpose only and they may vary in different context. Use it with the corresponding article published on the source (website) via the link provided.
This word list is for personal use only. Reproduction in any format and/or Commercial use of it is/are strictly prohibited.