Mostly Used Words – (Part-7)
- Tangible (adjective) – real, actual, substantial, well defined, clear; touchable, palpable, visible.
- Semblance (noun) – appearance, outward appearance, approximation, apparent form; resemblance; similarity (archaic).
- Reiterate (verb) – repeat, say again, restate, iterate, recapitulate.
- Explicit (adjective) – clear, direct, obvious; precise, exact, definite.
- Cognitive (adjective) – related to the mental processes (cognition) of thinking, understanding, learning, remembering.
- Impinge (verb) – affect, have an effect/impact on, influence, have a bearing on.
- Impinge (verb) – encroach on, intrude on, infringe,
- Impinge (verb) – strike, hit, collide with.
- Metaphor (noun) – figure of speech, figurative expression, comparison, image, symbol.
- Emanate (verb) – emerge, flow, ensue, come out, arise; originate from; exude, spread out.
- Ramifications (noun) – consequence, result, aftermath, outcome, effect; development; outgrowth.
- Evasive (adjective) – prevaricating, elusive, equivocal, ambiguous, indefinite, indirect.
- Evasive (adjective) – avoiding, dodging, escaping, eluding.
- Click each one of the words above for their definition, more synonyms, pronunciation, example sentences, phrases, derivatives, origin and etc from http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/ .
- Definitions (elementary level) & Synonyms provided for the words above are my personal work and not that of Oxford University Press.